Stay safe while camping
- Camp at least 50m from the water’s edge.
- Avoid places where animals and livestock drink.
- Avoid returning to the same spot at the water’s edge to fill your bucket.
- Never prepare food, wash dishes or do other tasks near the water’s edge or next to sloping banks.
- Fill up your bucket and move away from the edge of the water.
- Dispose of food scraps, fishing rubbish and other waste in bins away from your campsite, check that other campers have not left these things behind.
Last updated: 27 Sep 2016